Monday, February 9, 2009

The life of Jared (2/9)

The week that was:

Not much went on last week.  I'm still getting adjusted to life with a baby at home.  I'm the one who gets up in the middle of the night and changes/feeds her since Holly is pumping.  The problem is that we aren't on the same schedule so we wind up waking the other up at various points in the night, especially if Karis happens to be fussy.  I also taught on Saturday and had a great discussion over the philosophy of the church.  It's amazing for me to think about how far we have gotten away from the vision that is found in the early church.  I'll try to post a little more on that later.

The week that is:

Same old, same old here.  Juggling job, baby, wife, class, etc all at once.  It's fun and tiring.  Karis has her next Dr's appointment on Thursday, hopefully she's still gaining a good amount of weight.  Speaking of Karis, she's on my chest sleeping right now as I type.  Pretty cool, pretty cool.

What I'm listening to:

I just picked up the new album from The Fray and it's pretty good.  I usually have to listen to an album a few times to make a good informed judgement about it.  But so far, I like this one.

What I'm reading:

Same old stuff for class but also at least one new book, Ancient-Future Worship by Robbert Webber.  If he's able to deliver on this book what he claims in the opening introduction, I'm going to really like this book.  Here's the cover and a link to amazon.  Ancient-Future Worship

What I'm keeping an eye on:

North Carolina and Duke play on Wednesday, that's always a huge game.  Go Heels!  Other than that I'm out of touch with the happens of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment