Monday, February 2, 2009

The life of Jared (2/2)

I guess I should date these things for the few of you who care.

The week that was:

Not much happened last week.  Time in the office, at the NICU, etc.  We did have a snow day which was pretty cool, but Karis wasn't with us so that sucked a bit.  I had a Middle School event on Friday night that went really well.  Doug is battling a persistent form of strep so I told him to stay away.  Besides he's covered for me a lot lately.

The week that is:

The doctors keep talking like Karis will come home sometime this week.  Holly and I trying not to get our hopes up too much because they've talked like this before and then have said, "We want to keep our eye on her for a few more days."  As I said in an earlier post, I want her to come home now, but also when she is ready.  That's more important.  I think I'm speaking for our high school kids this week on the topic of 1st temple Judaism, which I'm calling the Ultimate Home Court Advantage.  Should be fun!

What I'm listening to:

Right now, Starfield.  I've also listened to Los Lonely Boys alot last week.  I love those guys.  Wouldn't you like to create a whole new genre of music?  There's is called Texican rock.

What I'm reading:

Still stuff for class, but one book in particular is called "Missional Church."  It's awesome, pick it up and plow through it.  I've also updated my book page on this blog.  Pretty soon I'll get around to talking about each book, if you care.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Other than Karis coming home, not much else.  Things are on cruise control in the youth ministry until March so I'm going to take advantage of that.  I'm teaching again on Saturday which will be fun, assuming that I can get fully prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment