Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Life of Jared (2/22)

The week that was:

Taught class on Saturday where we talked about worship and the sacraments.  We had a great discussion, especially about infant baptism.  It's so much fun to be an integral part in helping people formulate their theology and helping them to rethink past positions.  I also sold our living room set on Craigslist last week.  I put all four pieces for $50 because I wanted to make sure it was sold by Friday when we picked our new sofa.  Let's just say that I had a lot of interest since they were in such good shape.  I wound up selling the set to a family who had refinished their basement for their two girls who are 15 and 10.  The set sold for $100, because demand was driving the price up, and they pitched in another $20 when I helped them load it up.  They seemed to be a nice family and I hope the girls enjoy the furniture as much as Holly and I did.  Lastly, we picked up our new sofa and it is awesome!  I feel so grown up with a new baby and a new sofa.

The week that is:

Lent starts tomorrow so I've been preparing for our Ash Wednesday service and our first week's message on Sunday.  Hopefully things will settle down a bit, but with a newborn I don't think that's possible.

What I'm listening to:

Lots of different albums.  Passion: God of this City, Downhere: all 3 of them, Chris Tomlin: Hello Love, DMB: Live at the Mile High Music Festival, The Fray: The Fray.

What I'm looking forward to:

I'm really anticipating lent this year as I'm fasting from something totally different than I normally do.  I'll put up a separate post on it tomorrow, just know that it will stretch me quite a bit.  I have also put together a lenten devotional for our students that I'd love for you to use if you need something.  You can find it on our church website.  Once it's up tomorrow I'll post a link.  I will also be blogging through lent on the church website to try and generate some discussion there.

Karis update:

Here's a new category.  Karis is doing really well.  She's starting to learn to swat away things from her face that she doesn't like.  Namely the suction bulb thing that we use to get boogers out of her nose.  She's also starting to turn when you speak to her.  She has also outgrown a few of her preemie outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment