Monday, February 16, 2009

The Life of Jared (2/16)

The week that was:

Not a whole lot happened.  My in laws came in for the weekend to see Karis and help out, which was appreciated.  Holly and I were able to go out by ourselves for the first time since Karis came home.  We went to a wedding of two of our youth workers, which was awesome.  Then we went to a place called the Dump and bought a sofa!  I led worship with Doug and spoke on Sunday night and enjoyed both very much.  I hadn't played the guitar in over a couple of months and really missed it.  I was also very please with my message on Sunday night in talking about God disciplining us.  I just hope and pray that our students heard it!

The week that is:

My mother in law is here until Thursday helping out with Karis, so therefore Holly and I are working later to try and get caught up with other things.  I am working to get our Lenten devotional together and starting to study for our lent series.  We are going to be following the lectionary for the rest of the year, which I think will be fun.  I also have class on Saturday so I've gotta get that all together as well.  Our new couch will be here on Friday and I'm trying to sell our older pieces on Craigslist right now.  So far I've had 3 bites!

What I'm reading:

Same old things for class and a secondary source called Ancient-Future Worship.  I really like that book a lot!  I'm also enjoying my new Wesley Study Bible.

What I'm listening to:

Today I was listening to a band that a friend of mine used to be in called Kurios.  I was walking down memory lane.

What I'm looking forward to/keeping an eye on:

Sitting on my new couch.  Teaching on Saturday.  Lent beginning.  Carolina creeping up to #1.  Phillies starting Spring Training.  Holly going through the residency match.

No comments:

Post a Comment