Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekly Update

The week that was:

Crazy......after recovering from the wicked virus that crippled us last weekend, Holly and I went on a tour of the major cities in KY.  Holly interviewed at residency programs in both Louisville and Lexington on back to back days.  It was an interesting time that was highlighted by having lunch with my aunt while Holly was interviewing in Lexington.  After her interview on Tuesday we drove back to Murfreesboro and then I flew back to PA on Wednesday.  This past weekend we had a district event here at the church that took a lot of time and energy.  I was supposed to go to our staff Christmas party on Saturday after the event, but I had failed to do any preparations for speaking on Sunday morning to the Middle school students and on Sunday night to the High school students; so I went home and did some quick prep work and slipped into a coma.  Yesterday was a long day but thankfully it's over, only to start back into the same cycle.

The week that is:

Crazy again.  I am answering the call to the bullpen and speaking in "big" church this weekend.  It's only one service as our choir is doing a worship experience during the first service.  Oh yeah, I'm also singing in the praise team for that as well.  So here's my week in a nutshell.  Tonight, adult small group.  Tomorrow, nothing as of yet but I'm sure it will include reading.  Wednesday, same as Tues.  Thursday, Dress rehearsal for the choir thing.  Friday, choir performance.  Saturday, Save Darfur coffeehouse that our students are putting together, should be a cool event.  Sunday, 9AM performance and preaching at 11, Solomon's Porch that evening.  Yikes!!

What I'm reading:

I'm still reading stuff for the class that I'm teaching.  I had to put away 2 books that were taking away from my focus but hope to pick them up soon.  The main book that I'm working through right now is Simply Christian by N.T. Wright.  Thanks Jeremy for the recommendation, it is a great book.

What I'm listening to:

Music for the choir thing.  (I've only been to 2 practices!)  I've also been listening to Coldplay's EP that they just released, Prospekt's March.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

The calendar because I'm counting down the days when I go back down to TN and will be with Holly again.  I do not know how people that travel for work do it all the time.  I usually have a few nights of insomnia whenever Holly is not at home and I get lonely as well.  Which is interesting since I'm a loner by nature.  I guess the dynamics of being a loner has changed since I've been married.

No comments:

Post a Comment