Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekly update for 12/15

The week that was:

In a word, crazy.  I learned a musical that I sang in on Friday night and Sunday morning for our church.  I was asked to sing in the Praise Team and do a couple of solos.  It went really well, but I started to lose my voice as the week progressed and I now think that I am about a day from being fully sick.  On top of that our students put on a coffeehouse to raise awareness and money for the situation in Darfur.  Our youth band played two sets that were awesome and one of our students, Joel, made this incredible video that I'll try to post on here.  There was also an art auction of pieces and crafts made by some of our students.  All total they raised $1055!  I'm so proud of them as Doug and I had nothing to do with the event other than to secure the coffee and run sound and lights.  In addition I also preached for 2nd service yesterday.  It went really well and I've heard some great feedback on how people were challenged.  I rewrote things from what I posted online so you'll have to find the podcast if you want the final version.

The week that is:

In a word...chill.  I do not have alot going on at the church so I'm going to focus on the class that I'm teaching in Jan.  I've fallen behind in some of the reading and research that I want to do for the class.  I'm also preparing to go back to TN on Sunday and be down there until Jan 1.  I cannot tell you how much I want to see my wife.  I hate being this alone.  I do not know how people that travel can stand it.  I'd have to find a new job.  But the main goal this week is to rest and relax compared to the past couple of weeks.

What I'm listening to:

There's a band that I found through the Emergent Village podcast called "The Cobalt Season."  They've got a great chill sound and I'm digging them right now.  I've also been listening to Starfield's lastest album, "I Will Go."  There are a couple of songs on there that I want to use with our youth group.

What I'm reading:

Still books for class.  They are systematic works as well as a few books on the Holy Spirit since that is our first subject in class.  I'm also wanting to start Francis Chan's book, Crazy Love.  I've heard some good things about that one.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Did you see the guy who threw 2 shoes at President Bush?  That was pretty hilarious.  Bush had two great ducks because the first one would have clocked him in the face had he not moved.  I also keeping an eye on the weather as I leave out on Sunday.  I hope that the road stay clear from here to TN.  The last thing that I want is to be delayed by bad weather.  There is also a conversation around the word missional going on in the blogosphere that I've flagged to read now that I have a little bit of free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment