Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekly Update

Hey, I actually posted this on Monday!  Aren't you proud of me?

The week that was:

This has been an interesting week to say the least.  I spent Monday and Tuesday night at my sister's house since Holly started a rotation in Chattanooga.  I had a great time hanging out with my sister and brother in law and their dog, who I guess is in some sense my niece.  On Tuesday my parents came into town and we had a huge meal to celebrate Thanksgiving since my brother in law had to work on Thursday.  Wednesday after her rotation Holly and I headed up to her parents' house to spend the night and then to join my extended family for Thanksgiving.  Here's where it gets interesting.  We arrive at my grandparents' house on Thursday and have a great time with my family whom I haven't seen for quite a few months.  The only problem is that my grandmother is sick with what she thinks is food poisoning and doesn't really tell any of us.  To add to that one of my uncles and cousin show up without my aunt who is at home sick with a virus that they have gotten over a few days prior.  Needless to say Holly and I caught the bug along with the rest of our family and it wasn't pretty.  Luckily this bug only last about 24 hours but it was not a fun 24 hours.  To top it all off I'm pretty sure that Holly and I have given the same bug to her family that were with us on Friday.

The week that is:

Yesterday, Holly and I drove up to Louisville where she is interviewing at a residency program.  She finishes sometime this afternoon and then we head over to Lexington where she will interview again tomorrow.  After that interview we will head back to her parents' house and I will fly home on Wednesday while she returns to her rotation in Chattanooga.  Upon returning home I have a busy rest of the week that includes preparations for Sunday and a weekend district event that is being held at our church.  Needless to say that there is no rest for the weary.

Music that I've been listening to:

Holly and I have spent a lot of time on the road so I'm trying to pick things that we both like.  This consists of Shane and Shane, James Taylor and Christmas music on the radio.  (The latter I'm not so crazy about.)  I imagine that we'll probably hit a few sermons on the way back to TN tomorrow but who knows.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Well UT has hired Lane Kiffin as their new head coach.  I'm actually a bit excited about this as I think he should do a great job.  I just don't expect him to stay too long and I know this will make me frustrated down the road.

On the basketball front, UNC is looking really good and they're not yet at full strength.  They have a show down with Michigan State on Wednesday that I'll get to see!

Lastly, I'm hoping that there is no sort of relapse of the virus that I hope that run it course in my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment