Monday, December 22, 2008

a peek into my world

So I've decided to rename the weekly update.  I didn't like the title and I'm not completely sold on this one.  Maybe my 4 readers, which could be an overstatement, can come up with something better.

The week that was:

Just what I needed.  Slow.  Relaxed.  Nothing too big on the plate.  The biggest thing that happened is that I drove to TN on Sunday after our middle school program.  I left at 10AM (EST) and arrived at 10PM (CST).  13 hours baby!  But I can't tell you how awesome it was to sleep next to my wife for the first time in a couple of weeks.

The week that is:

Not much going on down here in TN.  I have some reading to do for class, some hanging out with family, Christmas, seeing old friends, etc.

What I'm listening to:

Wow, a 13 hr car ride gives you a ton of time to listen to things.  The main things that I listened to were a new Dave Matthews Band CD, some praise and worship song that were generated by the genius feature on my iPod and the audio-book of "Jesus Wants to Save Christians."  I'll post more about the book later this week.

What I'm reading:

Same old, same old.  Stuff for class and I picked up the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  I'm thinking this may be our required read for the mission trip this summer.

What I'm keeping my eye on:

The weather appears to be fluctuating quite a bit this week so that should be interesting.  The Titans secured the #1 seed in the playoffs.  The Tar Heels are looking really good this year in basketball.

Also, Holly, her mom, dad, sister and I saw our baby via ultrasound today.  I just wanted to watch her move around and yawn and blink her eyes.  I'm pretty sure that I will spend a lot of time just watching her when she finally arrives.

Lastly, I have quite a few random posts to put up this week thanks to the 13 hr car ride and much time to think.  So stay tuned in!

1 comment:

  1. As to your # of readers - remember - it's not quantity but quality that matters. :) Merry, merry Christmas, my friend, and much love to you and Holly and Baby Girl.

    ReplyDelete