Monday, January 19, 2009

A peek into my world

Still not sold on the name of these posts.  I will gladly take any suggestions.

The week that was:

I went back to work last week which was somewhat of a bummer.  Doug was out sick the first couple of days so other than braggin on my baby I didn't have too many people of too many subjects to talk about.  Holly's mom left on Tuesday to go back to TN and will return when Karis comes home.  Holly went to the hospital twice each day and I went mostly once since I had to be in the office.  We are still trying to adjust our schedules to Holly pumping which I think will help us once Karis does come home.  I just think that we will be more responsive to a baby crying as opposed to an alarm clock going off.

Holly had a baby shower on Saturday with some people from the church and we got a lot of great outfits to Karis and other odds and ends and also the jogging stroller that we registered for.  That is huge.  Thanks ladies.  While Holly was at the shower I took a good friend of mine, Petey as I call him behind his back and with Wendy and sometimes Doug, down to the NICU to see Karis.  Petey and I used to have offices next to each other and developed a great relationship through deep discussions and working through sermons together.  I really miss our rich conversations over theology and what is going on in the church, especially since he brought a conservative reformed background to the conversation.  Anyways, we had a great time catching up on life and the craziness of his families life in response to him being let go from our staff.  We also got to see Karis at one of her most alert times which was fun.  Hang in the Petey, God is not through with you yet my friend.

The week that is:

Not much going on except for class on Saturday.  I'm really behind on my reading and preparing for class so I've got to get busy.  This session we are talking about salvation and sanctification so it should be very interesting.  Other than that my days are going to be at the office and a part of the evening will be in the NICU.  Man, I can't wait for Karis to come home!

What I'm listening to:

I listened to a great sermon by Rob Bell today.  He is working through a series on Philippians and he did a sermon as Paul speaking to his congregation.  It was really great.  It was the sermon from Sept 7th if you are interested.  Other than that I'm using the genius feature on iTunes which means that random things are popping up.

What I'm reading:

Stuff for class.  Nothing special right now.  I will be doing a review of a book that will be released in March sometime in Feb.  Should be interesting.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Tomorrow is the presidential inauguration, no matter what your beliefs are on politics you should be interested in this historic occasion.  Today is MLK, Jr. day.  I know that I wasn't alive during his time, but what an impact he made on the social landscape of our nation.  Hopefully we can continue his work to racial equality.

Karis' world:

Karis is over 4lbs now!  She is steadily gaining weight.  Hopefully they will begin to work on her suck and swallow reflexes this week.  As soon as she can master those things she will be home with mommy and daddy.  Let me leave you with a picture of her.  She melts my heart.

Karis

No comments:

Post a Comment