Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Peek into my world

Be careful peeking into my world, this has been a crazy week.

The week that was:

I became a father on Wednesday!!!!  Does anything else top that?  It was a crazy ride that brought Karis Olivia into the world which you can read some of my ramblings about that situation on this blog.  Karis is doing well but in the NICU at Bryn Mawr instead of being home with Holly and I.  Holly came home from the hospital on Sunday and now we are heading down to the NICU a couple of times a day to see our baby.

The week that is:

I came back to work on Monday, which I wasn't too happy about.  I think I'm going to like being a stay at home dad when that happens.  Holly has been going down to the hospital around 11AM to be there for that feeding.  Then she and I plan to go for either the 5PM or 8PM feeding.  They do this thing called cluster care where every three hours they change her, take her temp and feed her.  We get to be hands on during that process as they want to make sure we know what we are doing when she finally gets to come home with us.  Another cool thing is that we get to do what's called kangaroo care.  It's where we hold Karis skin to skin for about an hour.  It helps her to adjust to life outside of the isolette and also helps with bonding between baby and parents.  Holly and I have been alternating doing this and it's great!

What I'm listening to:

With the craziness of last week I didn't listen to much.  I did listen to a little Dave Matthews when I would go back to the apartment.  For some reason their music calms me.

What I'm reading:

Stuff for class mainly.  I'm also working through Wesley's "A Plain Account of Christianity" for class.  Our next session is about salvation/sanctification.  Should be fun!

What I'm keeping an eye on:

My baby of course!  Plus football season is reaching it's peak towards the Super Bowl.  There's this team up here that has exceeded most people's expectations.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not.  Most people were crying for some sort of change all through the season, but I doubt that one will come now.  Also Carolina has lost their first two ACC games.  I don't know what's going on there but they better turn it around.

What's new in the world of Karis:

This is a new category that I will be adding.  Well she was born so that's new.  She's doing well and it was great to see them take off the CPAP machine so we could see her full face.  The nurse last night said that she'll probably progress alot in the next few weeks as her IV is taken out and she moves to a regular crib and then the slow process of growing and learning how to eat and breathe at the same time become the focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment