Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The life of Jared

Trying another name for this update thingy.

The week that was:

Not much went on last week.  My time in the office was spent on preparing to speak to our youth after a few weeks absence and preparing for class on Saturday.  I thought class went really well.  Our topic was on Salvation/Sanctification and I think I helped to clear up a few misunderstandings/bad definitions that had been thrown around to my students.  Every time I read John Wesley I am more and more disappointed at how we have twisted his thoughts and intentions.  But I guess we do the same to the Bible, so why should Wesley be any different.

My in-laws flew in for the weekend too.  We had a great time with them, even though it was short.  They got in around 11PM on Friday and after we picked them up at the airport we took them to the hospital to see Karis.  I taught on Saturday so Holly took them on Saturday to the hospital and then we went again after class was over.  They went again on Sunday morning as I had to come to church so that I can still collect a paycheck.  They flew out Sunday afternoon and then Holly and I spent the evening just hanging out.  I love having downtime with Holly.  She usually falls asleep and I watch TV or read, but I love just being close to her.

The week that is:

Pretty much nothing new this week either, except that Karis may come home later in the week.  If she continues to take all of her feeds by bottle and shows that she doesn't need the feeding tube anymore, then they will consider sending her home with us.  Holly and I will be happy when that whole ordeal is over.  We both hate leaving her at the hospital, especially if she's awake.  But we understand that she is getting the best care there right now.

We have a middle school event on Friday night that I will attend unless Karis comes home and there's a little thing called the Super Bowl on Sunday.  I would love to watch that with Karis in my arms.

What I'm reading:

I have started reading "Missional Church" by Darrell Guder and others, for my class.  I'm only part of the way through the 1st chapter and can already tell that I'm going to like this book.  I'll post some thoughts as I work my way through it.

What I'm listening to:

Right now I'm listening to Shane and Shane, all of the albums that I have.  I don't know why, I'm just in that kind of mood.  Those guys are really talented and I especially love worshipping with them in person.  They led one of the sessions at YS this year that was amazing.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Other than Karis, there's not much on my radar.  Can you tell that I want her home?

1 comment:

  1. You should rename your other blog the life of Sha'Jared.

    ReplyDelete