Monday, March 23, 2009

the life of Jared 3/23

The week that was:

Sleep, sleep and more sleep.  Holly's mom was here from Sunday thru Thursday so that meant that Holly and I got more sleep than usual.  Thanks Brenda!  It's funny what more sleep does to you after you've learned how to live without it.  I found that my body didn't fully catch up to "normal" until Wednesday, but then it was back to business as usual on Thursday.  Additionally we had our annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet at church last Friday night.  Our theme was "The Greatest Church on Earth" and we ultimately put on a circus.  That's right, I said a circus.  I had a couple of parts to play in the whole shebang.  I was the "6 ft. man eating chicken" (the important part of my costume was a box of Chick-fil-a chicken strips) and I was also a construction clown.  We had a fun night entertaining our volunteers and showing them thanks for the many sacrifices that they make.

The week that is:

Nothing much going on here.  Holly's cousin is coming at the end of the week for a quick visit and we have a Middle School event on Friday night as well.

What I'm looking forward to:

Vaguely, the future.  As our families future is coming into more focus, Holly and I are looking forward to what the future holds.  It's amazing that Holly is about to graduate med school and that she will be starting residency this summer.  We are one step closer to functioning as a "normal" family that doesn't have to worry about schooling and not being settled.  That is unless I go back to school in the near future like I want to do.  But more on that in the future.

What I'm reading:

Since my class is finished I'm now free to read what I want.  I'm thinking about plowing through Missional Church.  Any other suggestions.

What I'm listening to:

I've been listening to some DMB lately as well as U2 and The Fray's new albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment