Monday, April 6, 2009

the life of Jared (4/6)

The week that was:

Dominated by a quick trip to Charlotte for one of my college friends wedding.  This trip/wedding was big for a couple of different reason.  First, it was the first time that I have been away from Karis overnight.  And it was two nights at that!  It was really hard to leave but my friend only gets married once.  Second, my friend who got married is the last of my close group of friends to do such.  So we are all married now and many of us have begun to have kids as well.  Third, I really love seeing all of my college friends and catching up with them.  I so miss the community that I had with those guys and even some of the ignorance that comes with youth.

The week that is:

Well it's Holy Week that that means I have something going on Thursday and Friday night.  Thursday we are having drop in communion at our church that the pastors are staffing and Friday we are doing a Tenebrae service with our youth.  I really enjoy having the freedom to put together and execute a Tenebrae service.  I only hope that the youth that do come will appreciate what we are remembering on that evening.

What I'm reading:

I'm all over the place with what I'm reading right now.  I started reading a book on the atonement called "Recovering the Scandal of the Cross" and I'm enjoying it.  I'm still kind of reading through "Crazy Love" but can only take the reformed theology in doses.  I have decided to do a pretty extensive study of the book of Romans after Easter which I'm looking forward to.  I'll try to blog on the things that I will learn.

What I'm listening to:

On my plane ride I listened to some DMB and John Mayer.  I like listening to live albums on trips as it helps the time to pass quicker.

What I'm looking forward to:

UNC is playing in the national championship tonight.  They completely destroyed MSU last time they played them, but I don't think this game will have the same outcome.  The only thing that kind of scares me is that this is basically a home game for MSU.  But I think our talent and execution will eventually give us the advantage.

On another note, I correctly picked 3 of the 4 final four teams which includes the match-up tonight.  Aren't I smart?

No comments:

Post a Comment