Monday, March 16, 2009

The life of Jared (3/16)

The weeks that were:

Nothing much has happened lately.  My sister-in-law and brother-in-law came up for a quick Karis visit at the beginning of last week.  My last class session was on Saturday.  I'm kind of glad that it's over because I don't seem to have a ton of free time to put towards preparing for class, but I do enjoy teaching and the conversation that is sparked from what I prepare.  This last session was on eschatology which is always an interesting topic.

The week that is:

My mother-in-law is here this week helping out.  Karis has been really high maintenance lately with having her days and nights mixed up.  I know that all babies go through this phase, but it's killer when they are going through it.  Here's the funny thing though, Karis isn't consistent with her mix ups.  Some days everything is normal, and then the next two will be flip flopped.  Also this week is our annual volunteer appreciation banquet at the church.  This year we are doing something brand new in that the staff is putting on a circus to honor our volunteers.  It's gonna be pretty crazy and your truly is going to be a construction clown.  Hopefully it will go off well but most importantly that our volunteers will feel very appreciated.

What I'm reading:

"Angry Conversations with God"  I will be doing a post on Wednesday of this book which I recommend.  I might even do a giveaway if you're lucky.  I'm trying to finish Crazy Love since our students are having to read this for the summer mission trip.

What I'm listening to:

The new Fray album, the new U2 album and random DMB.

What I'm keeping an eye on:

Holly and I find out where she matched for a residency program on Thursday.  We are on pins and needles with anticipation about knowing where our next journey will be to.  Once we do find out, then we have to start our preparations to move out of our crappy apartment.  Now that I'm really looking forward to!

Karis update:

Other than the day/night mix up she's doing awesome.  She's growing like crazy and is now starting to interact a bit with you.  She won't focus too long on your face, but she will turn and look at you from time to time when you speak to her.  I love seeing her develop right in front of our eyes.  I know this is only the beginning of the many first that she will have.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pastor Jared... Good luck with your mission trip this summer. I pray it will be a life changing experience for your students. Missions is hugely important for getting teens outside of themselves long enough to realize that God put a lot of people here that need reaching. If any of your students decide they want to take their mission experience to the next level.... say perhaps... put off college for a year and do 9 months of missions work to lost teenagers up and down the east coast, let me know. We'd love to help them plug in. --drew--

    ReplyDelete