Thursday, November 10, 2011

Expanded Bible NKJV: A Review

I just received an ebook copy of "The Expanded Bible" from the BookSneeze bloggers program and I will admit that I am fairly impressed.  I was intrigued to find out how they would incorporate some of the alternate translations and more in depth notes differently than a normal study Bible, which is ultimately what sets this Bible apart.  As you probably know, most study Bibles will put those things in a footnote where you have the option to glance down if you choose.  The difference with "The Expanded Bible" is that those notes are embedded in the text.  The translation team has come up with a few ways to denote the differences between what they are embedding.  It is fairly confusing at first, but the more I read the more I got used to it.  I would recommend reading the introduction to find out more about this.

I do not foresee The Expanded Bible as being my main Bible to read, instead I think this will be a study reference.  While the embedded information is very helpful, it is a little too cumbersome for simply doing a reading and not a study.  The main translation that is used is NKJV which I do not use regularly, but I appreciate the alternative translations listed.  I would recommend The Expanded Bible for those looking to do a more in depth look at scripture, especially in the area of how words are translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment