Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jesus Manifesto

I recently finished reading "Jesus Manifesto" as I got a copy from the BookSneeze bloggers program.  I did enjoy reading this book and felt that the authors did a good job of stating their case.  The writing style is very accessible for any reader and their message is definitely for the church and those who call themselves Christian.  My only minor irritation with the book is that I pretty much knew where they were going after the first few pages, but this book only has one subject in Jesus Christ.

All of that being said, I think this is a timely message for the church to get back to Jesus.  As someone who preaches from time to time and is involved in sermon discussions for our church, I was convicted about how many of our sermons point back to Christ.  I feel that we do a good job of that, but still something to think about.  I also really enjoyed the chapter that they wrote on justice and mercy and how they find their fulfillment in Christ.  I won't go into any detail as to ruin it for you, but I resonated with much of what they said in that particular chapter.

I do believe that Jesus Manifesto is worth a read and I hope and pray that it's message will cause all of us who claim Christ as Lord to really think about if we live as if Christ is Lord in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment